Nagios Training Syllabus
Total Duration: Duration: 20 Hours
Section I- Introduction and Installation Duration: 7 Hours
Understand and appreciate Nagios as a Continuous Monitoring tool.
- What is Continous Monitoring?
- Need for Continuous Monitoring Tools
- Overview of Nagios
- Install Nagios
- Use cases and features
- Installation and setup maven based project
Section II- Architecture and NRPE Duration: 5 Hours
Understand Nagios architecture and add a remote server to Nagios.
- Nagios Architecture
- NRPE plugin
- Add a remote server using NRPE
- Install NRPE on a remote server to monitor using a Nagios web interface
Section-III – Create a final project Duration: 8 Hours
All the above-discussed topics will be implemented to create and maintain a server using Nagios
- Deploy a simple web application on a server
- Add NRPE to monitor using the server
- perform URL monitoring, HTTPS status, content monitoring, hijack detection, etc
- Deploy a simple web-based application on a server and monitor the same using Nagios