What is DevOps Certification?
DevOps position requires candidates with Degree in computer science or related field that covers Coding, Testing, Administration and IT infrastructure.
Any Developer or Tester or Administrator or any IT professional can do this certification, but mostly suits below mentioned Job profiles:
- DevOps Engineer
- DevOps Architect
- Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Cloud Application Engineer
- Cloud Architect
- Sys Admin & Application Engineer
- Support Application Engineer
Red Hat organization offers 5 courses with exams which are related to DevOps
- Developing Containerized Applications
- OpenShift Enterprise Administration
- Cloud Automation with Ansible
- Managing Docker Containers with RHEL Atomic Host
- Configuration Management with Puppet
Amazon web service offers AWS DevOps certification which validates Applicants knowledge on provisioning, operating and managing distributed application system on AWS platform.
Key Points of DevOps Certification
- Design and operation of fully automatic Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment pipelines and DevOps
- Setup/Managing Linux Servers on Physical Servers, Clustering servers, Docker Containers, Virtual machines and Cloud
- Having work experience in DevOps tools, System Administration with proven technical expertise in various Operating
- Using Docker, Jenkins, RHEL, Open shift, Shell &
- Performed all necessary day to day GitHub support
- Integrated Git into Jenkins to automate the code check-out
- Creating and Developing Docker images to support scripts for automating tasks and their
- Developing scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Bash (Shell) &
- Installing, configuring and maintaining Automation and Configuration Management
- Providing learning sessions on DevOps tools for onshore team members with real time
Click Here – > Get Prepared for Interviews
DevOps Process can be implemented through below mentioned methodologies
Waterfall Model: Oldest method
In this form of working the framework, development, testing, and deployment are handled by different teams. Once the development is completed the code will be moved for testing, in case if any faults or defects are found in the code then the entire code will be reverted back to the developers, where they fix the defects and send it for testing again, this process continues till the code passes the testing criteria. After that code is handed over to operation team where they deploy and manage the code.
Development – testing – deployment, here work is done completely (i.e. project wise). In case mean while when the project is in progress and the customer/Product owner changes their requirement it will be a waste of valuable time and effort as this tedious process is supposed to be repeated for end product. As work is handled by different team’s, time to produce the end product is more. In current competition if the product life cycle time is more, then by the time it comes to production it can become obsolete/useless. To overcome this organizations are adapting the more efficient methodologies like Agile.
Agile Method: Most recent method
In this Framework there are no separate teams such as developers, testers or operation, all the work is handled by single team called as Scrum. It contains development team. Scrum masterwork is divided into small chunks called as features ,once the requirement is given to the team , product owner is not involved in day to day work of scrum team. Scrum master work is to facilitate the team with scheduling meetings or resolving any roadblocks which the team may be facing, team will commit that amount of work that it going to finish in period of Sprint(example: Two weeks)team may reject any additional work asked by Product owner during the particular sprint.
Once the work is complete, team will give the demo to Product owner. If the developed product is accepted then the team gets to move on to the next feature to be developed. By doing this team will be in a position to adapt any changes or new features during work. To facilitate this, the development team (Engineers) should be able to handle the different deployment cycle such as developing, testing and deploying. this is called as Devops which works in background of agile methodologies for it success.
Click Here -> Get Free DevOps Tutorial
Devops- It is a method or framework which helps shorten the development to production time, in devops each member will be able to do development, testing and deployments as per requirement.
As team member is capable of handling any part of work, it will reduce the dependencies on each other in the team.
For example: Team member A is working on x part of feature, then team member can work on the y part. If member A is done with x , he can start testing y if he finds the issue he can fix it himself and push it for a deployment( peer review is important as it will reduce the mistakes).
Devops is integration of different teams involved in project development cycle, in order to reduce project development life cycle.
DEVELOPMENT + OPERATION = DEV-OPS
Project –> (n # of) features –> (n # of) User Stories –> (development-testing-deployment) Tasks,
As work is converted into small chunks issues in requirement or code can be found in early stages and team can adapt to any feature changes without much damage. And since team will be taking continuous feedback after each feature Customer/Product owner is aware of the development work and spot any error in description of features.
Besant Technologies is here to help you grab the opportunity to get knowledge about the DevOps training and to get certified in the course in order you get to swim along the big whales in the ocean.
Click Here -> Get DevOps Training