Cloud Masters Program makes you proficient in designing, planning, and scaling cloud implementation. It includes training on Java, Cloud Computing, AWS Architectural Principles, Linux, and DevOps.You’ll learn to master the architectural principles and services of two of the top cloud platforms, design and deploy highly scalable, fault-tolerant applications and develop skills to transform yourself into a cloud architect.
The Cloud Architect program is designed to make you an expert in cloud applications and architecture. It will enable you to master the core skill sets required for designing and deploying dynamically scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, and reliable applications on two of the top Cloud platform providers — Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure. The program will give you an in-depth understanding of cloud services such as AWS Cloud formation, Azure resource manager, EC2, S3, Route53, VPC, Azure App Services and more. You’ll acquire the knowledge and skills for passing cloud architect certifications such as AWS Architect and Azure Architect.
Our CLoud Masters Learning Paths provide a guided learning experience for all cloud certifications. Learn how to master, manage and architect all cloud features and services using video courses, dedicated quizzes, and hands-on labs.
- What is Cloud Computing?
- Why Cloud Computing?
- Characteristics of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing – Technologies
- Cloud Deployment Model – Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Hybrid Cloud
- Cloud Service Model – IAAS, PAAS, SAAS
- Cloud Services – Users
- Cloud Virtualization
- Cloud – UseCase
- Introduction to Java
- Data Handling and Functions
- Object-Oriented Programming in Java
- Packages and Multi-Threading
This Linux course will cover the entire red hat certification contents and this will cover more practical sessions rather than theory. Since we have separate troubleshoot sessions as part of this course will make you good expertise in Linux® administration. This troubleshooting session will make your life easier when working at an office.
- Introduction to Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Introduction to GNU/Linux
- Installing Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Booting Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Automating Programs
- Login Options
- Building a Custom Linux Kernel
- The GNU/Linux Filesystem
- Key Filesystem Locations
- The /proc Pseudo Filesystem
- User Management
- Software Management
- Hardware Management
- Network Management
- Installation and Initialization
- Boot and Package Management
- User Administration
- Run levels
- Overview of the Service Protocols
AWS Sysops Administrator Certification
- EC2 Instance
- Load Balancing
- EBS (Elastic Block Storage)
- Storage in Cloud
AWS Architecture and Design
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Troubleshooting and Price Calculator
- An understanding of DevOps and the modern DevOps toolsets
- Source code management tools – CVS, Git
- Build tools – Apache Ant, Maven
- Test automation tools – JUnit
- Continuous Integration Tools – Jenkins, Team city
- Configuration management tools – Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Monitoring tools – Nagios
The median salary for IT professionals with cloud computing experience is $90,950. Currently, there are 18,239,258 cloud computing jobs worldwide. There is an explosion in both cloud computing use and demand for people who can help with cloud migrations.
Just like an instance or a container, buying cloud credit generates an invoice. Once your project has been credited, all invoices associated to it will be collected on a priority basis using the available cloud credit.
In addition to being a pioneer in cloud-based sales force automation, Salesforce is the recognized leader in CRM customer engagement. With Service Cloud, you can automate service processes, streamline workflows, and surface key articles, topics, and experts to transform the agent experience. Connecting one-to-one with every customer, across multiple channels, and on any device, was never easier.
With Service Cloud and Community Cloud, you can deliver a self-service community or customer portal that is an extension of your brand, while enabling agents to jump on the case when needed, so no question goes unanswered. Extend your support via a fully branded experience where customers — and employees — can tap into articles, discussions, and ask questions of their other community members or agents with Service Cloud and Community Cloud.