Primavera P6 Training Syllabus
Introduction to Primavera (Duration: 2Hr)
This session will help you understand the ultimate purpose of primavera is to build a model that allows you to predict the activities and resources critical for the timely completion of the project
A brainstorming session on the trends in current industries
Project Management Life Cycle (Duration: 2Hrs)
This session will help you understand how project management life cycle is currently being used on Primavera
- Initiating Process Group
- Planning Process Group
- Executing Process Group
- Monitoring and Control Process Group
- Closing Process Group
This Session Will help to understand the process of the project management life cycle in any project we carry out.
Enterprise Project Structure (EPS) (Duration: 1Hrs)
This session will help you understand why the hierarchical breakdown of the divisions of organization.is required.
- How to represent the view of your company
- Companies different divisions
- Differentiation of cost & time division wise.
Creation of Enterprise Project Structure (EPS) and assigning to the project.
Organization Breakdown Structure (Duration: 1Hrs)
This session will help you understand OBS (Organizational Breakdown Structure) is a hierarchical arrangement of an organization’s management structure.
The OBS usually reflects the management structure of an organization, from top-level personnel down through the various levels constituting the business
- How to represent the view of your Project
- Managers with different divisions
- Differentiation of area & scope division
Creation of Organisation breakdown structure (OBS) and assigning to the project.
Calendar (Duration: 2 Hrs)
This session will help you understand how a project should follow specific working days and times. According to the timing, project duration can be scheduled and analyzed. The calendar will display the working and non-working time of an organization. The calendar will also represent the working days and working hours in a day.
- Global calendar
- Project calendar
- Resource calendar
Creation of Calendar and assigning to the project.
Work Breakdown Structure (Duration: 2 Hrs)
This session will help you understand how significantly work breakdown structure (WBS) to define and organize the project elements so as to clearly breakdown the elements into small components for a better understanding of the project.
- Using Primavera to create an outline of your project
- Creation of manageable components in terms of size, duration, and responsibility
- How to create and assign tasks from the higher level to lower level.
Activities (Duration: 2 Hrs)
This session will help you understand how activities are the fundamental work elements of a project. They are the lowest level of a Work Breakdown Structure.
- Start Milestone
- Finish Milestone
- Task Dependent
- Resource Dependent
- WBS Summary
- Activity ID
- Activity Name
- How to setup or create and assign tasks individually.
Relationship (Duration: 2 Hrs)
After defining the calendars and assigning them to the required activities, the next step is to assign relationships to the activities to arrive at the schedule of the project.
- how the activity relates to the start or finish of another activity
- Finish to Start
- Start to Start
- Finish to Finish
- Start to Finish
- How to set up the relationship between individual activity and create a link between each activity to create a schedule.
Scheduling (Duration: 4 Hrs)
When the list of activities, duration and the relationship assigned for each and every activity have been completed, the activity dates and full schedule of the project can be calculated.
- Critical Path Method
- Total Float
- Free Float
- How to create the project and to know which is the critical path.
Roles (Duration: 1 Hrs)
Roles represent personnel job titles or skills needed to execute projects.
- Proficiency level
- skill requirements
- How to setup or create and assign roles individually.
Resources (Duration: 3 Hrs)
A Resource can be defined as an entity that is assigned to an activity and is required to accomplish the task The resource includes people, materials, equipment, and money. It is recommended to create and assign the minimum number of resources to activities.
- Resource Analysis
- How to setup or create resources and assign individually.
Baseline (Duration: 3 Hrs)
A baseline is a copy or snapshot of project data at a given time. Since the baseline is a static representation of a project plan, it can be used in comparison to measuring performance as the project progresses.
- Assigning the target project(s) to the schedule
- Marking the progress
- Updating the schedule
- Calculating the schedule and
- Comparing and reporting actual progress against planned progress and changing the schedule if needed
- How to setup or create a Baseline and assign individually.
Tracking (Duration: 3 Hrs)
The update is very essential in a project. The update helps in analyzing project status and gives a clear idea about the project for efficient decision making.
Normally a project has a specified status date that could be typically either once a week or once a month. Progress is recorded according to the status date and the scheduler updates the schedule when the information is received.
- Actual Start Date
- Remaining Duration
- The percentage complete and
- The finish date of completed activities
- Duration % Complete
- Physical % Complete
- Update the status of the project which will help to analyze the project.
Earned value analysis (Duration: 2 Hrs)
Earned Value analysis is the most frequently used performance measurement method. simply stated, it compares what you got to what you spent. Earned value looks at the schedule, cost, and scope performance measurement of a project together.
- Planned Value Cost
- Earned Value Cost
- Actual Cost
- Cost Variance
- Schedule Variance
- Budget At Completion
- Estimate At Completion Cost
- Variance At Completion
Reports (Duration: 2 Hrs)
Reports play a vital role in an organization for taking timely, effective, and efficient decisions and actions. Reports are a very useful method for keeping track of important information. The information contained in reports can be used to make very important decisions that affect our daily life.
- Tabular Report
- Graphical Report
- To provide the report about the current and future tense of the project.