Azure DevOps Training Syllabus
Module 1: Introduction to Cloud Computing (2 hours)
- Understand the basics of cloud computing
- Learn about different cloud vendors and types of cloud service models
- What is Cloud Computing?
- Why Cloud Computing?
- What are the characteristics of Cloud Computing?
- What are the types of Cloud Computing?
- What are the types of cloud implementation models?
- What are the advantages of Cloud Computing?
- What is Virtualization?
- What are the types of Virtualization?
- What are the benefits of Virtualization?
Module 2: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (8 hours)
- An understanding of Azure services.
- understand the pricing and costs of using Azure.
- Introduction to Azure Portal and Subscription
- Learn about Azure Architecture
- Azure Compute Services
- Azure Networking Services
- Learn about Azure Storage Services
- Azure Database Services
- Azure Security Practices
- Introduction to Azure AI and Azure Bigdata
- Azure Pricing and Support Centre
- Create Free Azure Account
- Create Virtual Networks
- Create Storage Accounts
- Create Cosmos DB
- Work with Azure Active Directory
- Use Azure AI Services
- Work with Azure monitor
- Use Azure pricing Calculator
Module 3: Python Fundamentals (8 hours)
- A working foundation of basic Python.
- An understanding of how to use Python to control Azure resources
- Python Setup
- Python Data Structures and functions
- Python Programming Patterns
- Understand python standard library
- Azure SDK and Python
- Create Free Azure Account
- Use Python to interact with Azure Resources.
- Use Python to Automate file transfer to and from Blob storage.
Module 4: Git Fundamentals (8 hours)
- Manage Code Repositories using Git
- Work with Git commands and resolve any code conflicts
- Work with Linux
- Git Setup
- Linux Basic commands
- Git Introduction
- Learn about Git Branches
- Git Remotes
- Resolve Git Merge conflicts
- Work with Azure DevOps
- Setup a Git Repository
- Work with a Git Repository on Azure DevOps and handle merge conflicts, pull requests, and perform code review
Module 5: Docker for DevOps (10 hours)
- Understand Docker
- Dockerize Applications
- Create different environments with Docker
- Introduction to Docker
- Build a Dockerized Web application
- Creating different environments using Docker
- Logging techniques
- Exploring Scalability with Docker
- Creating a dockerized Web Application
Module 6: Kubernetes for DevOps (10 hours)
- Understand Orchestration platforms.
- Understand Deployment and Management of Kubernetes Clusters
- Introduction to Kubernetes
- Understand the Kubernetes API
- Kubernetes Application Architecture
- Kubernetes Networking
- Storage in Kubernetes
- Kubernetes Deployment and Scaling
- Security in Kubernetes
- Deploy Nginx on Azure Kubernetes Service
Module 7: Azure DevOps (10 hours)
- Learn to implement a complete Project Lifecycle in Azure DevOps
- Azure Boards
- Azure Repos
- Azure Pipelines
- Azure Test Plans
- Azure Artefacts
- Azure Extensions Marketplace
- Implement CI/CD in Azure DevOps
- Setting up automated pipelines to build, test and deploy the code.
Module 8: Azure Serverless Computing (4 hours)
- Build fully managed serverless applications that can scale automatically.
- Introduction to Serverless computing
- Azure Functions
- Build, deploy and scale web apps on a fully managed platform – Azure App Service
Build a fully managed Web app on Azure App Service.