Power BI Training in Delhi Course Syllabus
Introduction to Power BI
Learning Objectives: In this module, you will be introduced to what Power BI is, why to choose power BI, its building blocks, other various fundamental concepts of Power BI
- What is Power BI?
- Why Power BI?
- Benefits of Power BI
- Building Blocks of Power BI
- Fundamental Concepts of Power BI
Power BI Desktop
Learning Objectives: In this module you will be introduced to Power BI Desktop, software installation and overview of software
- Software Installation Procedures and Guidelines
- Overview of Software
- Power BI Sign UP
- Introduction to Tools and Terminologies
- Refreshing Power BI Service Data
- What is a Dashboard?
- What is a Report?
- How to share Dashboard and Report?
Data Source Connection and Data Transforming
Learning Objective: In this module you will be introduced to how to connect to a data source, perform cleaning and transformation of data
- Connecting to a Data Source
- Upload a local CSV File
- Connect to Excel Data
- What is a Query Editor?
- Import Data vs Direct Query
- Data Cleaning and Data Transformation
- Merging and Appending
Datasets will be provided for practicing how to load and perform cleaning and data transformation.
Modelling using Power BI
Learning Objective: In this module you will be introduced to data modelling, how to manage relationships, creating calculated columns, measures and quick measures
- Modelling of Data
- Manage Data Relationship
- Cardinality, Cross Filtering
- Default Summarization and Sort By
- Creating Calculated Columns
- Creating Quick Measures and Measures
In this you will be given hands-on to work on datasets, create calculated columns, manage relationships etc.,
Learning Objective: In this module you will be introduced to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Why is DAX Important?
- DAX Syntax
- Data Types in DAX
- Functions in DAX
- Measures in DAX
- Operators in DAX
- Tables and Filtering in DAX
- Queries in DAX
- Parameter Naming in DAX
In this module hands-on will be given on various DAX functions
Learning Objective: In this module you will be introduced to what is data visualization, importance of data visualization, creating charts using Power BI
- Creating Visualizations
- Colour Formatting
- Sort Order
- Scatter plot and Bubble Charts
- Cross Filtering, Highlighting
- Report Level Filters
- Drill Down and Drill Up
- Conditional Formatting, Tables, and Matrices
- Cards and Gauges
- Map Visualizations
- Custom Visuals
- Grouping and Binning
- Selection Pane, Bookmarks & Buttons
In this module hands-on will be given on visualization, colour formatting, slicers, filters, grouping, selection pane etc.,
Reports and Dashboards
Learning Objective: In this module you will be introduced to modify reports and dashboards, ask questions to Power BI Q&A
- Modify and Print a Report
- Rename and delete report pages
- Add a filter to a page or report
- Set visualization interactions
- Print a report page
- Send a report to PowerPoint
- Create a Dashboard
- Create and manage dashboards
- Pin a report tile to a dashboard
- Pin a live report page to a dashboard
- Pin a tile from another dashboard
- Pin an Excel element to a dashboard
- Manage pinned elements in Excel
- Add a tile to a dashboard
- Build a dashboard with Quick Insights
- Set a Featured (default) dashboard
- Ask Questions about Your Data
- Ask a question with Power BI Q&A
- Tweak your dataset for Q&A
- Enable Cortana for Power BI
In this module hands-on will be given on how to add filters to reports, set interactions, create dashboards etc.,
Publishing and Sharing Reports
Learning Objective: In this module you will be introduced to how to publish and share your dashboards and reports, saving options.
- Introduction to Sharing Options
- How to Publish Report From Power BI Desktop?
- How to Publish Report to Web?
- How to Share Dashboards Using Power BI Service?
- What is Content Pack?
- How to Save as PDF?
- What is Row Level Security?
- How to Export Data from Visualization?
In this module hands-on will be given on how to share dashboard with Power BI service, how to save as PDF and exporting data from visualization