Syllabus of SQL Server Developer Course in Chennai
Module 1: Introduction to Basic Database Concepts (Duration-2hrs)
In this module, we learn about basic concepts and advantages of DBMS and limitations of the file management system, and also about 3 database model
- What is Data, Field, Record, and database?
- Limitations of the File Management System.
- Basic Concepts of Advantages of DBMS.
- Exploring Relational DBMS
- Understanding Client and Server
Module 2: Introduction to SQL Server (Duration-3hrs)
In this module, we learn about SQL Server, history of SQL server , types of system databases, communication between frontend and backend and SQL server editions
- Basic Features Components and Tools
- Starting and Stopping SQL Server Instances / Services
- Introduction to Management Studio
- Types of System Databases in SQL
Module 3: Introduction to SQL (Duration-5hrs)
In this module we learn about types of SQL statements, databases in SQL Server, how to create a database, datatypes in SQL server, and about DDL Statements.
- Basics of SQL Types of SQL Statements
- DDL, DML, DQL, DCL, and TCL
- Create a Database using Management Studio
- Datatypes in SQL Server
- Exploring DDL Statements on Table using Management Studio
Module 4: DDL and DML Statements (Duration-5hrs)
In this module, we learn about how to create a table, alter and drop a table, and about DML statements, like insert update and delete statements using visual studio
- Why write statements in Frontends?
- Create, Alter and Drop Table Insert,
- Update and Delete Statement Truncate Statement
Module 5:Working with Queries (DQL) (Duration-5hrs)
In this module, we learn about a select statement, top, distinct string, and arithmetic expressions, Sorting the data and about sub queries and where clause(condition) using Visual studio
- Understanding Select Statement
- Usage of Top, Distinct, Null etc…keywords
- Using String and Arithmetic Expressions
- Exploring Where Clause with Operators
- Using Advanced Operators
- Sorting data using Order By clause
- Working with basic of Sub Queries
Module 6:Aggregate Functions (Duration-4hrs)
In this module we learn about how to use aggregate functions like sum, mean, max,avg what is difference between having and where clause, group by clause rollup and cube operator using visual studio
- Using functions in Queries
- Count, Sum, Min, Max, Avg Group By and Having Clause
- Using Group By with Rollup and Cube
Module7: Joins and Set Operations (Duration-6hrs)
In this module, we will know about joins and types of joins how to join the tables and aboutSub queries
, types of operators like union, intersect and except and how to add the tables and relationship between them using visual studio.
- Introduction to Joins Cross Joins
- Inner Join
- Left Join
- Right Join
- Full Join
- Outer Join
- Self Join
- Co-related Sub Queries
- Set Operations using Unions, Intersect and Except
Module 8:Implementation of Data integrity (Duration-3hrs)
In this module, we will learn the correctness of data and types of integrity and types of constraints.
- Entity integrity
- Domain integrity
- Referential integrity
- Types of constraints
Module 9:Working with Constraints (Duration-3hrs)
In this module, we will learn about how to create a constraint, types of constraints, and the difference between unique, not null and primary key constraints.
- Not NULL
- Primary Key
- Default Check Foreign Key
Module 10:Implementing Views (Duration-2hrs)
In this module, how to create a view, advantages of views, altering and dropping a view And advanced options while creating a view.
- Introduction & Advantages of Views
- Creating, Altering, Dropping Views
Module 11:Working with Indexes (Duration-2hrs)
In this module, how to create an index, advantages, and disadvantages of an index, and types of index and dropping index, and also about index structure.
- Introduction Clustered and Non-Clustered Index
- Creating and Dropping Indexes
Module 12:Working with Stored Procedures and Functions (Duration-5hrs)
In this module, we will learn how to create a stored procedure and difference between stored procedure and table, advantages of procedures and about types of parameters.
- Introduction to stored procedures
- Benefits of Stored Procedures
- Creating, Executing Modifying, Dropping
- Input-Output and Optional Parameters
- System defined SP’s and Functions.
- User-defined Functions