Digital Marketing Interview Questions
Digital Marketing Interview Questions & Answers
Here are the list of most frequently asked Digital Marketing Interview Questions and Answers in technical interviews. These Digital Marketing questions and answers are suitable for both fresher’s and experienced professionals at any level. The questions are for intermediate to somewhat advanced Digital Marketing professionals, but even if you are just a beginner or fresher you should be able to understand the answers and explanations here we give. These Digital Marketing Interview Questions and Answers will guide you to clear.
Best Digital Marketing Interview Questions & Answers
Cloud computing offers plenty of opportunities and you can start your successful business as an Digital Marketing architect with a successful job interview. If you find Digital Marketing Architectural Interviews, some of the answers to the following questions are answered from the Digital Marketing Interviews.
Digital Marketing Interview Questions and Answers for beginners and experts. List of frequently asked Digital Marketing Interview Questions with answers by Besant Technologies. We hope these Digital Marketing interview questions and answers are useful and will help you to get the best job in the networking industry. This Digital Marketing interview questions and answers are prepared by Digital Marketing Professionals based on MNC Companies expectation. Stay tune we will update New Digital Marketing Interview questions with Answers Frequently. If you want to learn Practical Digital Marketing Training then please go through this Digital Marketing Training in Chennai, Digital Marketing Training in Bangalore.
Best Digital Marketing Interview Questions & Answers for Job Placements
Besant Technologies supports the students by providing Digital Marketing interview questions and answers for the job placements and job purposes. Digital Marketing is the leading important course in the present situation because more job openings and the high salary pay for this Digital Marketing and more related jobs. We provide the Digital Marketing online training also for all students around the world through the Gangboard medium. These are top Digital Marketing interview questions and answers, prepared by our institute experienced trainers.
Here are the list of most frequently asked Digital Marketing Interview Questions and Answers in technical interviews. These questions and answers are suitable for both freshers and experienced professionals at any level. The questions are for intermediate to somewhat advanced Digital Marketing professionals, but even if you are just a beginner or fresher you should be able to understand the answers and explanations here we give.
The Digital marketing is basically an effective way to promote the products, services and brands using one or more forms of electronic media, mainly on the internet. It is a technique that uses the digital channels for the promotion to consumers and businessman. Digital Marketing is about brand marketing approaches through the online mediums.
- Social Media
- Email Marketing
- Pay Per Click
- Blogging, RSS and News Feeds
- Affiliate Marketing
- Text messaging
- Viral Marketing
- Online advertising
Basically, Digital marketing can be classified into 2 segments: Inbound Marketing and Outbound Marketing.
- Inbound Marketing: In this technique, using social media, webinars, digital content in e-books, or e-newsletter, the number of clicks on links is increased and once can learn more about a company & its services.
- Outbound Marketing: This technique includes placing of advertisements, e-mails, cold-calls or reach out potential customers through the digital mediums.
It can refer to multiple things like a fast website that responds very well to the user interactions or a site that is created using the Responsive Web Design (RWD). It is for providing an optimal experience of viewing – which means easy navigation and reading. This easiness should be there for a wide range of devices like monitors, laptops, mobiles, etc. The level of ease can be computed keeping the following things in mind: – Minimum of panning, scrolling and resizing.
Few top Digital Marketing Tools are:
- Keyword Discovery
- Digital Point Keyword Tracker
- Alexa Ranking
- Crazy Egg Heatmaps
- XML Sitemap Generator
- Google Analytics
- SubmitExpress Link Popularity
- Favicon Generator
PPC is an acronym for Pay Per Click. PPC is an advertizing technique which is used to direct traffic to websites. In this technique, host website owners are being paid by the advertisers whenever a user clicks on the advertisements. It is actually a way to buy the visits to your site, instead of ‘earning’ those visits!
PPC is also called Cost Per Click.
- Flat rate PPC :
In this type, both the publisher and the advertiser agree on a fixed amount that will be paid per click. This amount can vary according to the content based upon how more or less it attracts the people.
- Bid based PPC :
In this type, a bidding system is there. Bidding is done in which the advertiser competes with the other advertisers in a private auction that is hosted by the publisher. Now as per auction system, advertiser will inform the publisher what’s the maximum amount he can pay and thus bid up to that maximum amount only.
Following are the qualities of PPC:
- Relevant: Content should be relevant. Targeted keywords should be listed out.
- Expansive: PPC is repetitious, so the keyword list should be constantly adapting and expanding.
- Exhaustive: It should contain the “long tail of search”, along with the most popular keywords.
By Conversion rate, we mean converting random visitors into regular customers. Thus it is way to make more visitors to a site. Following things should be taken into consideration so as to increase the conversion rate with each click:
- Content should be relevant to the subject or keyword or the search query that is inserted by the user.
- Relevancy should also be there between landing pages and the ads that are being hosted on these pages.
- To make sure that the landing page’s design should be good enough so as to allure the users. Go design means a good combination of color, GUI and the layout.
- All should be done keeping user in mind. No one wants to use a bulky and cumbersome site. So the website should be user-friendly. If any registering process or signing up process is there, it should be convenient for customers.
Following things are needed.
- Adding more PPC keywords: Addition of more such business relevant keywords helps in expanding the pay per click.
- By dividing your ad groups into smaller and relevant ad groups, one can improve the CTR (CTR means click-through-rate)
- To provide relevant data as asked in search queries.
- Keep reviewing and tracking the expensive and the under-performing keywords
- One can improve the campaign relevancy by adding the negative keywords or the non-converting terms.
Google Adwords is a most celebrated PPC advertising system in the world. It follows PPC model. Sometimes called as Adwords only.
It is an ad service started by Google. It is for the businesses that wants to display their ads on Google. As it follows PPC model, so it allows the business owner to set an advertising budget and pay only an ad is being clicked by the user. It facilitates website owners to create advertisements that appear on Google search engine and their other properties.
In this, an ad space owner provides some space to the business person or marketer, and in return that marketer will pay this owner an amount for using this space for advertisement purpose. Mostly, an auction happens between marketers and the ad-space owner. The final prices is, thus, decided as per the maximum bid.
Google Display network conducted Google AdWords Remarketing. It is a targeted marketing strategy. This strategy helps marketers/advertisers to reach people and show their ads to those who already visited their website previously. This remarketing strategy targets the right audience with right ad. It is actually a clever approach to lure the users.
- Take ample of time to plan the program again which you are planning to invest your money.
- Keeping a clear picture of your objectives in your mind is another big step towards structuring a marketing budget.
- Test your strategy.
- Reach the right audience.
- Customer is very important for any business, so keeping track of customer requirements is quite mandatory.
- Now think about your profit too, after all you are planning to do business and not charity!
Search engines are the programs that plays a very important role in finding out the specific and needed information using World Wide Web. Search engines checks for the keywords in the database and brings out the best and relevant stuff in front of the user. Some of the major search engines are:
- Lycos, etc
- The focus should be on SEO and the referring links.
- Advertisement is a must for any business, whether online business or an offline one.
- Target the User Retention.
- Make sure that the site is responsive and user-friendly.
- Also site shouldn’t be slow, else user won’t be staying there for long.
- Use of social media channels to promote your website or page.
- A compelling headline can make a million-dollar effect on users.
- Focus on Long-tail keywords.
- Post content or headings to linkedIn or facebook or similar sites to socialize it more.
- Do Email and internet marketing too.
- Keeping a feedback facility on for users is a good option.
- Keep track of market and your competitors too.
- Try to increase the conversion rate of your site.
Below are the most useful online marketing tools:
- Google Analytics
- Crazy egg heat maps
- Digital point keyword tracker
- Keyword discovery
- SubmitExpress Link Popularity
- XML Sitemap Generator
- Favicon generator
There are certain drawbacks of Online Marketing too:
- The first and the foremost limitation is that as the products that are being offered and advertised online are intangible, so customer cannot analyze the complete details of the product before buying it. This is the reason that complaints of color, size and material issues pops up by the customers.
- Authentication products and the services cannot be assured fully in case of online marketing.
Keeping keywords in your content is important but their position also matters a lot. This is good for better page ranking. These areas are:
- Keyword in Website URL
- Keywords in Headlines
- Keyword in Web page content
- Keyword in Meta tag
- Keyword in Website Title
- Keyword density in body text
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is a process that affects the website or web page visibility by improving the content, structure and organization of the site. Therefore while doing the indexing, Search engines can place this website or web page on higher and noticeable place. Following SEO approach helps in increasing the number of backlinks too.
SEO is an important part of Digital marketing strategy. It helps in bringing more traffic to your website and thus helps in expanding of your business in the online market specifically. It brings you website on the top of the ranking list of search results.
Keywords are always very important from the ranking point of view. Thus for better ranking, relevant keywords should be used in an appropriate manner.
- On-page optimization: This technique directly deals with the structure and the content of the website.
- Off-page optimization: This technique is used to increase the search ranking of a website by making external links point towards that website.
Even bad links also have some characteristics that are needed to be considered. These are:
- Links from low Page Rank & Low traffic.
- Links to sites that are not related to your sites and thus not relevant in any way.
- Paid links.
- Links from those websites that are out of Google index. This is because Google is the most popular search engine among us all, and thus it is considered that 90% customers search for their queries in Google only.
- Links from link exchanges.
- Spammy links that are from blogs or articles.
By following the below points:
- Do not mention bad links – linking to any bad page ranked site will surely impact your site too.
- Avoid using Poison words. For example hyper texting “link” word can become a poison word.
- Don’t send visitor to another page immediately. This way he might skip to the web page link itself.
- Avoid copying text or images from other websites and domains.
- Direct Marketing Campaign: In this campaign, the most relevant audience is being targeted by the business owner or advertiser. The most common campaigns that fall under this category are Dynamic Search Ads, Shopping Campaigns, Search Networks Only, etc.
- Branding Campaign: In this campaign, focus is to cover random and wider audience. Here, the advertiser promotes his/her brand on major websites. The most common campaigns that fall under this category are Display Ads, YouTube Ads, Remarketing, etc.
Now is the time when people are lazy as well as busy too. In the mean time, if they have to purchase something, going to even a nearby store seems hectic and painful to them. So instead of moving their leg bones, most prefers to scroll their fingers over their system and find the best deals online.
It is a digital marketing generation. The online cost for marketing is even inexpensive. You can get in touch with a wide range and number of audience online and you can set your target as worldwide.
The number of people you can reach via offline marketing would be the one who are newspaper readers, who watches television, and similar are decreasing day by day.
SEO and PPC are actually parts of Digital marketing. SEO, PPC, content marketing and Display media are the approaches that are used to achieve productivity related goals. So we can’t do SEO or PPC without a digital marketing.
The need of marketing tools is there in each business to engage with costumers. To increase the Return on Some names of the scalable tools to generate the leads are:
- Constant Contact
SEO is all about content marketing. They go, fit and work together. SEO makes demand and content marketing fulfills it.
It is designed for marketing organizations to market effectively and efficiently on multiple channels online. It is a subset of CRM. It targets the segmenting and tracking of market campaigns.
- Should be an SEO specialist
- Also a Pay per click expert
- Must be very well-versed of Email marketing
- Should be good in analyzing the data
- Good in mobile and content marketing too
- Also, must be a social media expert
The later one is more important. Social media is not all about the number of likes, comments and followers. A business owner’s main focus is to increase the conversion rate and compel the users to purchase the product or service.
Email marketing is a marketing strategy that uses electronic mail as a medium of communication for advertising purpose. This strategy generally works for building the customer interest and increasing the current customer base by achieving their belief in you. It encourages ‘repeat business’.
Types of email marketing strategies are:
- Traditional emails: They are sent out based on a customer’s action. They mainly aim at confirming the actions that triggered it.
- Email newsletters: They are direct emails sent out to a wide list of customers regularly as part of marketing strategy. They mainly aim at strengthening the customer and company’s relationship.
Marketing of products, brands and services on the internet is known as internet marketing. It is also known as : Web marketing or E-marketing or Online marketing
Various types of internet marketing include:
- Display advertising
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Search engine marketing (SEM)
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing
- Inbound marketing
- Referral marketing
- Affiliate marketing
The advantages of internet marketing are:
- Large audience.
- Convenient for the customer
- Consumers can make comparisons with the rival products/brands too.
- Availability of various advertising methods such as:
- Pay per click (PPC)
- Pay per play
- Pay per impression
Meta description is used to explain the web page over the internet. It is a 160 character tag in HTML that briefly describes what’s there in the webpage.
CRM is an acronym for Customer Relationship Management. CRM is a process used by companies for interacting with clients. Business processes like sales, marketing and customer support are included into this. CRM is having 2 main objectives: one is to retain the old clients and second is to search and bring new customers. From marketing perspective, its objective is to keep track of social media.
When a cursor is hovered upon a tab in which a web page is open, a title will show up and this is called Page title. To make the page title more effective, following needs to be consider:
- It should be short and relevant. Each word should reflect who you are & what you do.
- The title should be descriptive and a brief shadow of the page content.
- Include right set of keywords.
- Include your product or brand name.
- Avoid using symbols, special characters and numbers.
- Avoid using same keyword multiple times.
Share all the relevant info about your past work here. Mention on which domain you work and specify your strength zone.
For whichever company you are going, get a good understanding of it first. Also analyzing the scope of digital marketing there will be beneficial for you too.
Be confident and express your utter desire to enter into digital marketing world. Also, you should be clear with the basics of digital marketing so as to convince the interviewer about your interest in this zone.
Make sure to highlight your strong points here. Also, express the relevant details, i.e. relevant to marketing world. These skills should match the skills and knowledge of a digital marketer.
SEO – Interview Questions and Answers Freshers
Robots.txt file is used to guide search bot to decide which links are to be crawled and not crawled. It can be used to customize the search engine Crawling process.
SERP is the acronym for Search Engine Results Page. It can be defined as the results displayed on the search engine corresponding to the query searched by the users.
A snippet is the auto generated text displayed on Search page by google. Irrespective of the description, Google will find and display the content automatically related to user intent.
A page can have multiple H1 tags. But it is a best practice and good suggestion to have single H1 tag in a particular post.
The process of finding your website and checking against the quality parameters by search engine is termed Crawling. Once the website is crawled successfully, it will be added to the search engine database and it is termed as Indexing.
Dofollow links passes juice or trust score to the mentioned link. Whereas the nofollow link does not. It directs search bot whether to index or noindex a link.
Yes. A high quality, relevant backlinks increases the website authority and increases the search engine visibility.
Yes. Website speed is a direct user experience and the visitors tend to leave the site if it is slow or takes more time to load.
A Website that changes the view based on the device viewport is termed as responsive. A responsive website increases the user experience.
Meta keywords tag is not a ranking factor any more. It is not required to enter meta keywords on blog post.
Adding alt tag to image is an On-page and social media presence is a off page optimization.
SEO – Interview Questions and Answers Experienced
AMP is the acronym of Accelerated Mobile Pages. It is a caching technology introduced by google to increase the Web page speed in mobile gadgets. At this time, AMP is not a ranking factor.
The disavow tool is used to submit the low quality backlinks to Google. Once submitted Google will not consider the backlink data.
Any link that does not reach the destination page is called a broken link. A link may be broken due to several reasons like server error, dataBase error, internal error, and page not available.
301 is a permanent redirection.
ALT attribute is a acronym for Alternative text. It is used in image files to describe the images. The search bot uses the information in alt tag to determine the image details to be served in search results.
Will select the schema.org information for sitelinks and feed the required values. Later copy the code and implement in the particular blog post.
A link pointing to an article is called a permalink. The permalink should not change. If changed, we must ensure, a proper 301 redirection must be set.
Google panda algorithm takes care of penalising low quality or thin content Web sites.
Digital Marketing signifies any marketing action done on the web. It focuses to mark marketing strategies done through internet. In addition, it includes methods like,
- Content marketing
- Email marketing
- Google Analytics
- Google Trends
- Google Webmaster
- Google Alert
- Digital point keyword tracker
- Open Site Explorer
- Submit Express Link Popularity
- Favicon generator
- Keyword discovery
- Crazy egg heat maps
- Stumble Upon and
- XML Sitemap Generator
Google AdWords is an advertising service worked by Google. Organizations utilize this to show promotions on Google and its advertising system. It is the absolute most acclaimed PPC advertising system in the world. It enables organizations to set a budget for ad. Payments chance upon people clicking the ads.
- Promote extension
- Call extensions
- Affiliate location extension
- App extension
- Site link extension
- Callout Extension
- Structured snippet extension
- Search Marketing
- Display Marketing
- Affiliated Marketing
- Social Media
- Email Marketing
- Video Advertising
- Social Marketing
- Online PR and
- Social Networking
- Internet Archive
- Wolfram alpha and
PPC stands for pay-per-second click, a model of website marketing in which advertisers pay a fees each time one of their ads is clicked.
- SEO is the search engine optimization, the running of optimizating a web page so that user can easily find it via search engines like Google,yahoo.
SEM is search engine marketing to purchase a space in search engine page.
SEO enables your website to appear in search engine optimization result pages.
Web crawling or Crawling refers to an automated process through which search engines filtrate web pages for proper.
- Rank Brain
- Broad core algorithm
- Creating Shareable Content
- Influencer Outreach
- Contribute as Guest Author
- Social Media Engagement
- Social Bookmarking Sites
- Forum Submission
- Blog Directory Submission
- Article Submission
- Video Submission
- Image Submission
- Infographics Submission
- Document Sharing
- Meta title
- Meta Description
- Meta tag
- URL Structure
- Content optimization
- Keyword optimization
- Page Speed optimization
- Internal linking
- External linking
- Global Keywords or Primary Keywords
- Secondary keywords
- LSI Keywords
LSI keywords is Indexing are semantically associated with the main keyword that users enter over the search engines
Canonical URLs related to the concept of selecting the best URL for the home pages that the visitors want to see. Also, known as canonical tags.
nofollow is a value that can be assigned to the rel attribute of an HTML a element to instruct some search engines that the hyperlink must not influence the ranking of the link’s target in search engine’s index.
- Website Title
- Web page content
- Website URL
- Meta tag
Keyword streaming means analyzing the relevant keywords, choose the best keyword for the web page based on its target, in order to get organic traffics and leads through the keywords
Facebook is the social media marketing platform of choice for over a billion people worldwide. Use it to connect and interact with your audience, and to share your content in a way that encourages your fans to share it as good.
Though it started out looking for promising, Google+ is one of the platform we don’t recommend using for Google+ marketing purposes anymore.
LinkedIn has over 467 million users. It is a great place to share your credentials with the world, but more importantly, Participate in groups. Join groups related to your business and your interests.it’s the perfect place to interact with your audience online marketing.
- Unique content product
- Keywords Research
- Acquiring link in natural forms to the web page
- Competion Analysis
- develope the social sharing on major networks
- Implementing on page changes in web page
- Analyzing the report.
Keyword research is useful for understanding the keyword search low volumes of the pages and predict the user demand for a product or service.
65-70 characters is the optimal length of the title.
- Aggregate Reviews
- Video Schema
- Person information
- Single review
In search engine optimization (SEO) terminology a backlink is a hyperlink that links from a Web page, previous to your own Web page or Web page. Also called an Inbound Link (IBL) these links are important in determining the develope of your Web page.
Any link which has the attribute rel=”Nofollow” is called as No Follow back link. No Follow back links do not pass any PR value, but still helpful for link diversity.
If you have a do-follow link from a web page with lower domain authority, it takes long to get indexed. Maybe two weeks or 3 months.
A method by which a user is redirect to new URL from old URL.
What is a PBN (Private Blog Network)? A PBN is a collection of high authority web pages that you have finished control over and all of which link previous to your money page. Typically PBNs are made of expired domains that have high level back links and therefore pass high levels of link equity to your money.
It is a kind of software used by Google as a search Googlebot to index a webpage.
SEO friendly URL are those having proper length and file structure
Ad rank basically determines the position of your ad on Google page and it is determined by one bid for the keywords.
Every business with a Web page should make Searching Engine Optimization — trying to get your web page as high up as possible on Google and Bing search-results page — a part of their growth strategy. At its popular basic, “SEO” means finding way to develope your site’s appearance in web visitors’ search results.
1024 char is the total length of a destination URL.
The minimum click rate on Ad Words pay search ads is about 2%. Accordingly, anything over 2% can be consider an above average CTR.
Now you can connect up to five Ad Words accounts to one email. The option to add starting accounts can be process through the Manage Ad Words accounts screen in the main home.
An MCC is a high level and essential tool when management of different Ad Words accounts is required. Ideally it is useful for large advertisers who have more than one Ad Words account but it is commonly used by third-party agencies who manage Ad Words accounts for a number of their personal users.
In a nutshell, Ad Words is Google’s pay advertising starting. … Those are Ad Words ads that a company pay for so that user will notice their business whenever they are searching Google.
Keyword optimization is the act of researching, analyzing and selecting the best keyword to achive to drive qualified traffic from search engines to your web page.
So the commonly known organic reach equals the un pay reach which equals the total reach minus pay reach. However, Facebook has a slightly multiple definition of organic reach. Facebook defines organic reach by the number of user who visited your site, or saw your site or one of its posts in news feed or ticker.
Series of pages which are expected to be accessed to reach the destination page to complete the goal is defined as funnel. Example,
Add to Cart => Signin/Singup => Add Address => Make Payment => Thankyou Page.
The Average amount of the time taken by the web page to load it in the browser. The web page must be loaded as speed possible for quickly process.
AMP is a Google-back end project to push for pages that load quickly on mobile devices.
Uniform Resource Locator or URL is a generic term specifying all kinds of web address found on the web page.
Long tail keywords are phrases contain more than 3 words making search results very specification. Long phrases are used by SEO experts to draw quality traffic to web page by reducing random traffic with the achive to increase lead conversion rate.
Google was founded by Sergey Brin and Larry.